Saturday, November 29, 2008

I can't do it

Alex is now into saying "I can't do it mom." Whether it's putting on his shoes or picking up his toys it's been "I can't do it myself." So last night we went on a drive just to get out of the house, so we decided to go get some ice cream. I'm sure most people know how brilliant it is to give kids in the back seat ice cream without any supervision. So, being the forward thinker that I am, I got in the back seat with them. Ben got his own ice cream up front, Spencer got a sucker (If anyone has seen Spencer with ice cream you know that the sucker was a smart move), and Alex and I shared an ice cream. Well as I was unwrapping the sucker for Spencer, Alex was going nuts to get at the ice cream. I told him to just hold his horses. He sat and thought about it for a second and said, "Mom, I can't hold my horses." It was so much funnier listening to it in person. Ben and I laughed all the way home.

1 comment:

Allison said...

That is way cute! I have gotten alot of the books from the childrens book of the month club and from grandparents! What was on the table wasen't even half of what we have! Bryan hates it me and the kids love it!