Monday, April 13, 2009
Good Choices vs Bad Choices
Alex and I have been having the talks of good choices and bad choices to help him realize the difference and to help him not have so many time-outs. Some of the choices we are dealing with are hitting mom because he can't watch a movie/play with a toy/eat anything he wants/the list can go on and on. That's a bad choice. Another one is grabbing anything that Spencer has and then running away with it laughing and yelling, "I had it first" then chucking across the room when he sees mom coming to get it. Also a bad choice. Now, just to get it over with quickly, when I ask him if it's a good or bad choice he blurts out "BAD CHOICE!" So it threw me off guard when a few days ago he was picking his nose (something else we've been working on- making him stop that is, not encouraging it :) and he gets this bright idea look on his face and he runs into the bathroom and then comes out a minute later and says "Mom, I wipe my nose. I made a good choice." Maybe it's sinking in after all. Hopefully.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is way funny! I will cross my fingers that it is sinking in and not some freak right use of the words!
It will shock you what they are actually learning, but you wont see it much. Look in when he is in his church classes or ask how he did for other people. That's when he uses his "manners". At least that is how it works with my sweet little ones.
Post a Comment